PLEASE NOTE!

I am currently focusing on my work supporting Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action (gzcenter.org), so you will not find me posting here (except on rare occasion). I am, however, keeping my extensive listing of links related to (almost) all things nuclear up to date. Drop me an email at outreach@gzcenter.org if you find a broken or out-of-date link. Thanks and Peace, Leonard


Monday, November 9, 2009

Bangor Nuclear Submarine Base Closed (someday)

News Release  April 1, 2014

World's Largest Peace Group Celebrates 100 Years of NON-VIOLENCE

For release 4/1/2014

The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) joined with kitsap County's Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action and other allies to permanently close the Bangor Nuclear Submarine Base and open the Northwest Regional Center for Nonviolence Training.

Rear Admiral Smith, the current commander at Bangor, said, "Thank you FOR and GZ.  We couldn't do this because we're under the command of our civilian leaders."

President Obama, now in his second term, along with the newly appointed Secretary of Peace, Rachel Maddow, attended the ceremony.  "I hope that we, as peace-loving Americans, can use this center as a model for transforming other defunct military bases in the U.S. and around the world," said the president.

While nearly all base personnel have found other jobs, all interested citizens are encouraged to call the Green Jobs Hotline with ideas for repurposing Bangor's subs and missiles.

XXXX

The Fine Print:  My Friends, As you can see by the date, this press release represents a vision, the deepest wish of all who yearn for the abolition of Trident and all nuclear weapons, and the creation of a just, peaceful and sustainable world.  This wonderful bit of crystal ball gazing was created during last weekend's Western Washington Fellowship of Reconciliation's (WWFOR) Fall Retreat.  It is a vision of hope for the future by people deeply engaged in getting there.  I am grateful for such people.  Thanks to Joy Goldstein (and FOR) for allowing me to share this with you.  Peace, Leonard 

1 comment:

  1. Thankfulness to my father who informed me regarding this webpage,
    this weblog is actually remarkable.
    http://www.menabsl.com/Most-Excellent-Expertise-Of-Segelcharter-In-Kroatien-All-Through-Holiday-Getaway.
    htm
    Feel free to surf my web page ... nacl

    ReplyDelete