STOP PROVOCATIVE TESTING OF
MINUTEMAN III MISSILES
|A rehearsal for the apocalypse.|
TEST FLIGHT SCHEDULED ON NOVEMBER 14, 2012
FROM VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE
Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles are on 24/7 hair-trigger alert in silos in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. They carry thermonuclear warheads at least eight times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima.
THESE LAND-BASED NUCLEAR MISSILES SHOULD BE DECOMMISSIONED IMMEDIATELY
- They are located in fixed silos, making them easy targets for attack;
- There is an incentive to “use them first or lose them”;
- The high-alert status of these weapons could lead to accidental nuclear war;
- The U.S. government consistently criticizes other countries for conducting missile tests;
- These tests are dangerous to the target country, the Marshall Islands;
- Testing these missiles encourages other countries to develop and test their own missiles and nuclear weapons.
Join us at www.wagingpeace.org/goto/vandenberg to ask the president to stop these provocative nuclear missile tests and to decommission these missiles immediately.
Protest at 12 noon on Tuesday, November 13 at the corner of State & Anapamu in Santa Barbara.
The Air Force tests missiles under the cover of darkness.
We are protesting them in the light of day.
Let’s stop this danger to humanity.
www.wagingpeace.org – (805) 965-3443